Download Whispers of The Goddess (for Windows 7 and later)
Whispers of The Goddess is a 2D puzzle action adventure, where you play as Florana, a bunny-plant hybrid creature, to help the Goddess restore her power.
The team spent the first semester working on the core game engine. We spent the last three and a half months on the art and gameplay content.
Development time: September, 2012 – April 2013.
- Dynamic 2D Sprite Batching
- 2D Camera Culling
- 2D Deferred Rendering
- Selective Blooming through Glow Maps
- Screen-Space Distortion through Displacement Maps
- Asynchronous Game Commands through Action Lists
- Data-Driven Particle Effects & Sprite Animations
- Automated Resource Loading & Management
- Resource Hot-Swapping
- Component-Based Game Engine
- Xbox 360 Controller Support
Producer / Gameplay / Physics – Justin Cook
Technical Director / Graphics / Engine – Ming-Lun “Allen” Chou
Tools / Gameplay / Physics – Garrett Woodford
Game Designer – Davis Standley
Character / UI Artist – Samantha Toupin
Environment Artist – Connor Day
Music Composer – Seth Weedin