I basically only used ProjectFUN as a render engine, since I pretty much ported the Easing Equations from ActionScript 3.0, built a tweening engine, created a command framework based on one of my articles, and put together a baby version of Stardust, called StarLite. ProjectFUN provides a built-in physics engine, but I found it’s collision detection system for circles quite buggy, so I implemented one my own.
I built the template levels in the editor, so that we could create new levels just by drag-and-drop. All the planet-orbit linking, orb position correction, initial velocity based on object orientations are all taken care of by my code automatically.
Something very special about this game is the Credits level. We actually made the Credits screen into a fully playable level, where all the information are shown on planets and speech bubbles.
And here’s a dedicated planet to one of my classmates, Justin. He is such an annoying play-tester (i.e. he play-tested a lot, so I couldn’t use my laptop) that I thought he deserved his own planet 🙂
So this is Astrobunny. I really enjoyed making it, and I hope you enjoy Astrobunny’s journey through space. Be sure to check out the awesome Credits level, too!